Recipe developed exclusively for SpaceFarms by Jeffrey Spear. (Serves 6-8)
- 1 1/2 cups SpaceFarms fresh Italian basil, stems removed, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, shelled
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- 2 lbs. linguini
Place the basil, parsley, pine nuts, garlic, and lemon zest in a blender. With the motor running, add the olive oil until a loose paste is formed a little at a time. Add the Parmesan cheese and a little more oil, if needed. Mix in the lemon juice followed by the salt to taste.
Cook the linguini according to instructions, drain and place in a large bowl. Add the pesto and toss.
To serve, divide the pasta evenly among 6 or 8 bowls, then garnish with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and a few finely sliced strips (chiffonade) of fresh Italian basil.